If you only look at what is, you will never attain what could be.
Entrepreneurs and business managers are often so preoccupied with immediate issues that they lose sight of their ultimate objectives.
That’s why a business review or preparation of a strategic plan is a virtual necessity. While this is not the only recipe for success, without it your business is much more likely to fail.
A sound plan should:
- serve as a framework for decisions or for securing support and approval
- provide a clear structure for execution
- explain the business to others in order to inform, motivate and involve
- assist benchmarking and performance monitoring
- be flexible to adjust with changing priorites and opportunities
- stimulate change and provide building blocks for the next plan.
Anything less is “B.S in a binder”.